Pages

Monday 13 July 2015

Tutorial: How to make Tulle Pom Poms!

 
Here it is! How to make Pom Poms! This is a highly requested tutorial. I have received many emails from you guys asking so many questions about my daughter's Ballerina Birthday Party that I blogged about a few weeks ago. As a result of this,  I decided to take the most frequently asked question and make a tutorial on it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is what you will need:
* Tulle Ribbon
*Curling ribbon or fishing line
*Scissors
*4'',6'', or 8'' book (depending on what size of pom poms you want to make)
 
To start- cut approx. 10'' of the tulle and place it off to the side as this is what you will be using for tying all the tulle together after you have wrapped it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I wanted to make a small 4'' pom pom, so I am using a 4'' book and I wrapped the tulle around it 20 times. For a large and medium pom pom I wrapped around each book 25 times. 
 
Then, slide the book out of the ribbon. Using the 10'' piece of tulle you cut earlier, tie a knot in the centre and cut the ends.



 
 


 
 
 
Next, grab all the loops together and cut them at the same time with scissors. Do this to both sides, and try to cut them as even as possible . It's ok if you miss a few loops, just go back and cut them. 

 



 
 
 
 
Once you cut both sides, it's time to fluff it up, and make it into a ball shape. You can also trim any ends that aren't even if you wish. .
 



 
 Now some people use different sizes of tulle ribbon to make each size pom pom (small, medium and large), but I used the large size tulle to make my 3 sizes, and they turned out great! If you wish to hang them, just cut a piece of curling ribbon or fishing line and tie it to one of the pieces of tulle close to the middle. Make sure you get as close as you can to the middle so the knot isn't visible.
 
Thanks again to everyone who emailed me with such nice comments about her party. I am very happy with the way it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment