Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

DIY Valentine's Day Craft for Kids!

 
 
Since my son is in Pre-School this year, I thought it would be fun to do a craft together to add to his Valentine's Day cards for his friends.
 
I saw this cute little mice craft made out of chocolate Hershey's Kisses on Parents.com, but I wanted to change it up a bit and give it my own personal touch.
 
Here is what I came up with:
 
 
 
I bought the contruction paper, pipe cleaners and googly eyes from the Dollar Store. The Cheese Strings and Hershey's Kisses were from my local grocery store.
 


 
 
 
To start off,  cut a heart and 2 little feet out of the construction paper. Next, cut a small piece of the pipe cleaner to make the tail. ( I made 4 mice tails out of 1 pipe cleaner) Parents.com has a printable template for the ears and feet if you would rather use that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Using tacky glue, I glued the heart shape ears to the bottoms of the Hershey's kisses. Then, I glued the feet and tail to the sides of the kisses. I gave it time to dry before added the googly eyes.


 
 
 
 
 
Here it is complete! My son's big job was shaping the tail how he liked, passing me the googly eyes and eating the left over cheese strings and Hershey's Kisses, lol!
 
 Parent.com used yarn for the tail but I thought using a pipe cleaner was more sturdy. They also put the mouse on a cheese-shaped piece of card stock, but I wanted to give each child a Valentine's Day Card and a healthy treat instead.
 
On top of each envelope next to each mouse, I added a cute little message "You're so mice" and "Mice to know you"



1 comment: