Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

Ashlynn's Nursery Reveal!

On June 5, 2014 I had a little baby girl. We named her Ashlynn. Instead of giving her the spare room and designing a whole new nursery, we decided to use the same room that her older brother had and move him into the other bedroom.
I never found out the sex for either of my kids, so as you can see from the pictures below, it's very gender neutral.
 
Here are the before pictures:
 
 

 



 
 
 
 
 I didn't want to spend a lot of money making over the nursery because I knew in a short time she would grow out of it and we'd be deisgning her "big girl room". What I decided to do instead was everywhere that I had "yellow" in the nursery I would change to "pink". Boy, let me just say by making those small changes it made the room feel so girly, and I didn't have to spend a lot of money to do it.
 
Here are the things I did:
 
*1 can of spray paint goes a long way - let me tell you. Using just a 1/2 a can of pink spray paint I managed to spray the table lamp, picture frames and the ABC's that are on the wall.
 
*I changed her ceiling light to a mini chandelier (I was so happy that I had a girl because I always wanted a chandelier in a nursery, lol)
 
*Added new bedding.
 
*Ordered new pink bird decals to replace the yellow ones for the wall
 
*Added pink knobs to the dresser and night table
 
That's it folks!! Just by doing those small changes transformed her room completely. I think I spent a total of $170 on everything.
 
Here are the after pictures:
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
Source List:
 
Crib, Bookcase, Wall ABC'S- Pottery Barn Kids
Dresser and Night Stand- Ikea
Chandeiller- Canadian Tire
Wall Decals-NouWall
Lamp, Picture frames- HomeSense
Mirror Stars- Urban Barn
Chair and Ottoman-Sears
Crib Bedding- Babies r Us
Dresser Knobs- Michaels Craft Store
California Shutters- Excel Shades
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment