Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

How to Host an Easter Eggstravaganza Party for kids!

Back in December, I hosted a Snowman Breakfast for a bunch of my friends and their kids. It was such a great hit, that I decided to have everyone back and host an Easter Extravaganza Party!
 
 I find any excuse to throw a party- I love entertaining and planning cute theme parties for kids. Plus, I love Pinterest where most of my ideas came from! :-) 
 
To host this party was pretty simple. I purchased some yellow wrapping paper at the dollar store and covered my whole kitchen table in it. My table is white, so I wanted to brighten it up and add some colour. Also from the dollar store, I purchased a pack of 6 plastic Easter eggs and plastic grass, and made a cute little center piece for the table. I bought the egg shaped plates from Target and using styrofoam cups I made cute little bunnies.
 
 









 
 
 
To make the little bunnies, I traced out 2 different sizes for the ears using white and pink construction paper. I then taped the smaller pink part over top of the white. For the tail, I just taped a cotton ball to the back of each cup. So easy and super cute!




 
I had a few snacks which insisted of some fruit, veggie straws, carrots, goldfish, rice krispies, and freshly baked cinnamon buns. Yum! 







Keeping the Easter theme, I made a carrot shape out the goldfish and added some parsley on top.
 




This was really fun because my son got to help me with this one. Using food colouring, we dyed the melted marshmallows in 4 different colours and shaped them into Easter eggs. These were very popular- the kids loved them!
 




I made the cinnamon buns look like bunnies by rolling part of them out, and flipping out the pieces to make them look like bunny ears. They didn't turn out that great but they were still yummy!
 






I had 2 activities, 1 game and an Easter egg hunt prepared for the kids.
 
 
The first activity was the Easter theme magnets (bunnies, chickens, and eggs) that I purchased from the dollar store. There were 2 in a pack and included 3 colours of paint and 2 paint brushes. The kids had so much fun painting them and couldn't wait to take them home and put on their fridge. 












 





The second activity was decorating Easter theme cookies ( Bunnies and Eggs).  I purchased a kit at Walmart that included cookies, icing and candy to decorate. The kids not only had a lot of fun decorating the cookies, but also eating them as well.
 
























For the game, I created a "Pin the tail on the Easter bunny". I bought some bristol board from the dollar store and drew a bunny with a tail. Next, using regular white paper I made small bunny tails and printed each child's name on them so we would know who was the closest.  








I saved the best part for last! The Easter egg HUNT!! I purchased these little Easter baskets at the dollar store that came in sets of 2, and multiple colours for each one of the kids.







Since we had a big age group, we hid the eggs so everyone was able to participate. The kids had a blast! My son all day has been talking about this party and how much fun he had. 













No comments:

Post a Comment